Step 1: Get the Gear
1. HERO9 or HERO8 Black
2. A USB-C cable (the one that came with your GoPro, for example)
Step 3: Install and Launch the GoPro Webcam Desktop Utility. Download the GoPro Webcam desktop utility software to your computer, available here. PRO TIP: GoPro Webcam desktop utility is currently available for macOS and as a beta for Windows users. A GoPro icon will now appear in your status bar.
3. Your computer
4. A GoPro mounting option, which leads us to Step 2
Supports GoPro Hero 4 (Silver/Black Edition), 5/6/7/8/9/Max/Fusion cameras. Available for Android, Apple iOS, macOS, Raspberry Pi, and Microsoft Windows. Fast access to the camera via Bluetooth LE. Start and stop recording, and tag moments on multiple cameras at the same time. Change camera settings of multiple cameras at the same time. Check out your shots, and download your favorites. View HiLights in your GoPro Camera Roll to quickly find your best shots. Browse and delete files on your camera's SD card. Access +Share with friends. Download GoPro for Windows 10 for Windows to control. Now updated to support HERO4 Session, The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely with your Windows Phone.
PRO TIP: Make sure your HERO8 Black is running the latest camera firmware, available here or prompted when paired to the GoPro app.
Step 2:Set Up the Point of View
Download Gopro To Phone
GoPro Webcam is compatible with all existing GoPro mounts, so you can get creative with points of view. Yes, you can achieve a standard webcam view by using the Magnetic Swivel Clip to attach the GoPro to your monitor or set up a Shorty tripod on your desk. But this is a GoPro, so use it like a GoPro! Get creative, have fun and try something new. Some of our favorites are:
1. Jaws Flex Clamp – This bendable, clampable mount can provide an over-the-shoulder view if you’re doing a training where it’s helpful to see your screen.
2. Magnetic Swivel Clip – The magnet part of this mount is clutch for getting creative. Want to go live from under the hood of your car? Or chat with the fam while cooking? This magnetic will securely attach to your range hood, and any metal surface for that matter.
3. Suction Cup – Much like the first two, the GoPro Suction Cup can stick to a surface like a window or shelving unit to provide a webcam POV unlike any other.
4. Gooseneck – Combine the Gooseneck with any of the aforementioned mounts (or any GoPro mount with a quick release base) and, voila, you have an extra-long, extra-bendy extension arm to loop and wiggle into any position. No hard-to-reach place will go unseen!
Step 3: Install and Launch the GoPro Webcam Desktop Utility
1. Download the GoPro Webcam desktop utility software to your computer, available here.
PRO TIP: GoPro Webcam desktop utility is currently available for macOS and as a beta for Windows users.
2. A GoPro icon will now appear in your status bar.