Dec 21, 2020 • Filed to: USB Recovery • Proven solutions
Download Right Bluetooth Drivers for Windows 10/8.1. This is a bit advanced to get fix Bluetooth adapter not showing in the Device Manager. We first need to know the laptop motherboard model number. If you know that, then do a google search to download the relevant drivers for your Bluetooth device or else, follow these steps. The package provides the installation files for FTDI USB Serial Port Driver version 220.127.116.11. If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version. Port Monitor offers a summary of all Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol device statistics in one view to verify a device’s operation and status. The statistics are displayed in a spreadsheet model: each COM port is a horizontal row, and each vertical column displays a variable or value for the respective COM port for simplified port monitoring.
Have you ever had difficulty connecting your devices to your computer using a Prolific USB to Serial adapter? If yes you are lucky to find this page, it will give you all the information need to fix an unresponsive Serial driver adapter. You may have noticed a yellow exclamation mark hovering over or beside the USB to Serial Driver when searching your Device Manager and if you have we can all agree that it signifies a prevailing problem.
Overview of the Error
If you are not able to connect your device to your PC using a USB to Serial adapter it may be that
- The USB driver is outdated
- The USB Driver is missing
- Or even a corrupted driver
While you can't be so sure what the exact problem is there are solutions you can adopt to fix the issue once and for all. Read on to find quick fixes to resolve the problem.
1# Fix Prolific USB to Serial Driver not Working
Solution: Roll your Prolific USB to Serial Driver back to an older version
Updating your drivers often work wonders for your system because it makes sure that it runs on the latest features that guarantee maximum functionality. Unfortunately updating your drivers can cause this kind of error especially if your latest update does not work too well with your hardware. Once you upgrade your PC to the latest Windows version your Prolific USB to Serial Driver also updates to the latest driver software and if the driver is not compatible with your Hardware issues may arise. To correct the error, you will have to download the driver again by following these steps.
- Right-click on your PC Start button and open Device Manager
- Double click LPT and COM ports then locate the Prolific USB to Serial Driver and right-click it so you can select Update Driver
- For driver software click My computer
- From My computer select 'Let me pick from a list of drivers available'
- Choose an older version from the list then click Next
- The driver you selected will be installed automatically
- Once it has been downloaded reconnect the driver to see if it works.
Symbol Port Devices Driver License Test
2# Fix Prolific USB to Serial Driver 'Coder 10'
Driver issues reveal themselves in so many ways or through messages such as
- This device will not start (Code 10)
- There is no driver installed in this device
- The driver was not successfully installed
A code 10 error may arise because the chip you are using is not an original one. If you are using a fake, the manufacturer has a way of disabling it due to copy write infringement and the copy write takes effect once you download a recent update. To protect your PC from getting this code, you will have to make sure that your Windows 10 never updates a driver without approval. Updates come in the form of 64 bit and 32-bit drivers. Below we will show you how to work your way around the problem.
Window 64 bit Fix
To fix Windows 64 bit OS including Prolific USB to Serial Adapter, follow through these steps.
- Download 'PL2303_64bit_Installer.exe and Save
- Remove every USB to Serial adapter from your PC and double click the 'PL2303_64bit_installer.exe
- Follow the prompt by plugging in one USB to Serial adapter the click on Continue
- Reboot your PC to get Windows up and running
If you have followed these process through and you still see the same error go to your device manager
- Open the control panel and navigate to Device Manager
- From your control panel navigate to the System category and click the Hardware tab
- Scroll to the LPT/COM port and double click Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port
- Click Drivers in the Properties section
- The Driver you choose should read '18.104.22.168 with an appropriate date attached
- If the date is wrong then it means the wrong driver was installed
- Unplug the Serial adapter and run the steps again to install the correct driver
For Windows 32-bit OS systems follow these steps
- You will have to download the 'PL-2303_Driver_Installer.exe and save from Microsoft download link
- Run the program and eradicate the driver if you can
- Run the installer once more to install a correct driver
To Troubleshoot for error if your device still does not work
- Go to Control panel, enter System to access your Device Manager
- Scroll down to the LPT/ COM port then double click Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port
- Click Driver in the Windows Properties section
- The driver must be numbered as '22.214.171.124' and dates accordingly
If the driver was not installed, remove the Serial adapter then run 'PL2303_Driver_Installer.exe' again. Follow directions in Device Manager to download the correct driver
The three solutions listed in this article have proven to be quite helpful in fixing a Prolific USB to Serial driver not working on Windows 10. They may appear confusing at first but if you follow each step in detail you can resolve the issue.
Video Tutorial on How to Fix USB Device Not Recognized
- Recover USB Drive
- Format USB Drive
- Fix/Repair USB Drive
- Know USB Drive
TL-USBCOM Driver for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
The TL-USBCOM driver provides a serial port emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing a serial emulation protocol on USB. The driver works with devices that are complaint to the USB CDC/ACM device class model and also supports non-compliant devices.
- WDF (KMDF) compliant Windows USB device driver
- Exposes a virtual COM port with dynamic plug-and-play behavior
- Optionally exposes a static COM port to support legacy applications
- Supports devices that are compliant with the USB CDC/ACM device class specification
- Supports USB 2.0 full speed and high speed, and USB 3.0 super speed or higher
- Supports devices that implement a subset of the CDC/ACM specification only
- Supports devices that implement a pair of bulk pipes but are not compliant with CDC/ACM otherwise
- Supports maximum throughput achievable with a given USB device while maintaining low CPU usage
- Supports unambiguous COM instance identification: applications can enumerate and open COM ports by GUID rather than name or number
- Optionally the driver supports advanced USB power management including selective suspend (Windows 10 only)
- Optional device co-installer which supports automatic COM name assignment based on rules defined in an INI-style text file
- Driver behavior is highly configurable via customization settings
- Custom features or optimizations can be implemented on request
- Source code is available on request (subject to a separate license agreement)
- The driver will be delivered fully customized for licensee’s product.
- Customization includes USB VID/PID, file names, text strings, etc.
- Windows 10 version of the driver is signed with Microsoft Attestation signing.
- Windows 7/8 version of the driver is signed with Thesycon’s code signing certificate.
- Driver Customization Kit add-on: The Driver Customization Kit enables licensee to customize the driver by themselves.
- Supported scenarios: first-time installation, driver update, removal of driver software
- Interactive mode with graphical user interface
- Silent mode without user interface, enables integration into surrounding software installers
- Supports popup-free installation
The driver is conform with current WHQL and Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) requirements. To get a WHQL certification, HLK tests must be executed with licensee's device which can be done by licensee or Thesycon. If you are interested in a WHQL certification, please contact Thesycon for a quotation.
Windows Server 2012
Windows Home Server 2011
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2016
Our software is purely designed and implemented by our team in Germany - no outsourcing. Technical support is provided directly by the developers.
Current version: 2.15
Symbol Driver Download
The free evaluation version of the TL-USBCOM driver works for an interval of 60 days without any limitation. After that evaluation period has expired, the driver stops working.
Current version of driver for Windows CE and Embedded Compact: 1.62
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
Symbol Port Devices Drivers
© 2021 THESYCON